Yep, I’ve been tagged by Kewsmith over at randomreasoning. She was just too fast for me to out sprint. Must be all that free time she claims she has now that she is an empty nester.
To those not in the blogging world but more of the “I read because you make me” type, let me explain my babbling. This is a fun “get to know you” game that helps your loyal readers know you better but also helps introduce you to some new
victims, I mean readers.
Like any award (real or fake) there are rules to follow, so I must set the stage for anyone that I
torture, I mean tag, further down. Otherwise they will not know what to do with the tag and just try and exchange it for some other award. (refunds always work best with the original tag).
The rules are:
- you must post the rules (have I mentioned I’m not good with rules?)
- answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post (but what if I don’t like them? Tough is the only answer I got)
- create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged (why 11? Seems like an odd number. – No really, it’s odd)
- tag eleven people with a link to your post (again with the 11, this might take some research)
- let them know you tagged them (even more work for me to accomplish)
The questions I must answer are: (if you are new to my blog, I should warn you ahead of time, I’m a smart ass so these answers are just my way of expressing my true self)
- What happened on the best day of your life?
When I was 12 or 13 I fell asleep for like 24 hours straight. I was exhausted I assume. And since it lasted 24 hours it was a true “day” in my life. And to be honest, I have yet to remain asleep longer than a few hours since. So it was truly a standard to attain again.
- What is your greatest talent?
Besides my wit & sarcasm? I’d have to go with my ability to write upside down and backwards. I consider it my “stupid pet trick”.
- What have you done in your life that makes you the most proud?
That I have remained true to myself and my ability to get through all of life’s challenges with my sense of humor. Even though many people think I’m nuts.
- What do you believe in that others might doubt the reality of?
A few things. One we can accomplish anything we set our mind too. Two, we get exactly what we predict for ourselves. And Three, life on other planets. There are way too many planets out there in the universe to think this one was that darn special to contain the only human existence. I’m pretty sure God spread us out a little.
- If you could travel in time, where would you go?
I believe in looking forward, so I’d love to see what this place will look like in 100 years. Do our cars ever fly? Will cell phones go away and we just tap our nose and talk? Will Walt Disney ever be de-thawed? Will there ever be a successful Bachelor couple? Stuff like that.
- What’s your favorite holiday and why?
National Ice Cream Day! Duh, I own an ice cream shop for a reason!
- Anytime in your life that you would like to have a ‘do-over’? Explain in you can.
Yes, the first 6 questions, I’ve answered. I’m sure they could have been funnier.
- What’s your favorite movie and why?
Clue – hands down the funniest movie I have ever seen. Almost knocked myself out watching it. I’ll be doing a post on this one so I can’t spoil it by telling you more.
- If you could spend one day doing anything you wanted, what would it be?
See question one. SLEEP. I haven’t had a good day off in years. I would want a lazy do nothing day with lots of naps.
- What are your views on social media?
Social media has been a great tool for introverts to make new friends around the world. Unfortunately, it has also allowed more people to say or do really stupid things for everyone to see. However, it gives me pleasure at watching other people’s stupidity so I’m back to loving it. And for those of you that post or do stupid things? Did you really think no one would find out?
- Have you ever broken the law and what did you do? You needn’t answer if it will get you thrown in the pokey.
First, I plead the 5th. Second, a true story. We were driving to Wendover, NV with my nephews in the back one day. They were doing that typical kid arguing that kids feel the need to do while you are driving. Meanwhile my exit was coming up and being that we were in the middle of nowhere and going 75 miles an hour (allowed). I turned to yell at them to knock it off while exiting only turn back as we passed a cop. Me still doing 75 in a 45 exit ramp. A) I never get tickets, B) I did that day and C) I still blame them today for it even though it is like 13 years later. Sometimes, thing still sting. LOL
Ok, enough about me. That is hard work trying to be cute and clever when demanded to. Way easier when on my own time and terms. Note to self, find a way to torture Kewsmith in a few months….
Time to tag the others. What criteria do I use?
Do I play a game of eeniee minee mo? Nah, too hard to catch that tiger by its toe.
Do I pick the first 11 I see? If I do this, people might start diving over hedges so they don’t get seen.
I know, I’m going to pick on the ones who show me love by making comments on my posts. We all love to read the comments people leave us and these 11 are always good for some love my way. Besides, we always hurt the ones we love…
So hide if you want, but the following folks are getting tagged with some spray paint so they can’t wash it off…
- Pouringmyartout – (side note on him, his true entertainment is the comments he leaves me – always cracking me up)
- Chlost – Allwaysinthebackrow.wordpress.com
- Candy S –FindingOrderInChaos
- J A Robbinson – TheDailyGraff
- CKsdays – CK’s Days
- Paprika F – GoodHumored
- ClipSnark –
Honorable mention: Kimberly but looks like her site is being retooled. Otherwise you were getting tagged girl!
My mom & sis also comment regularly but I didn’t want to be accused of nepotism.
Ps, I would have tagged kewsmith but she said “no fair tag backs” and I had to let her go. Darn it!
PSs, if you’ve been tagged before, I guess you should have learned to run faster or hide better.
Oh, almost forgot, here are your 11 (not 10, or 12) questions you lucky devils
- Who is the one person you can 100% guarantee will make you laugh when you need it?
- What is something that your friends and family laugh at that you do?
- Pajamas in public – are you for them or against them?
- Blackberry, Android, iPhone or some cheap little phone that does nothing but let you talk and maybe text on it?
- What is the one thing if someone took away from you that you would throw a 2 year old temper tantrum on the floor crying fit over?
- When was the last time you had a giggling fit? And do you remember why?
- Have you ever worn socks with little toes in them?
- Do you have any animals? If so, what species are they and why did you name them what you did?
- Have you ever accidentally / on purpose / will never admit it – tripped your kid?
- If your high school would have seen how you turned out, what would they have put in your year book? What title would you have?
- Would you have preferred serious questions or goofy ones like these? (even though your vote is too late)
Thanks again kewsmith for the tag. I was looking for a good subject for today’s post and this was a good distraction from finding some humor in my own life.
Hope everyone finds some good humor in your own answers as you read. I know human nature and even if you didn’t get tagged, you still tried answering at least 7 or 8 of the questions above. You just couldn’t help yourself.
Finally, if you hate the game of tag, it’s all good. No pressure in this playground. We’ll just shoot you some readers to check your site out, because I love ya all!
~~till we laugh again~~
Oh and since we are playing tag, why not highlight some other folks that were tagged recently if you really dig reading on the subject and the crazy questions people get asked.
- Tagged! (randomreasoning.net)
- I’ve been tagged! Wooo! (hotchocolateandbooks.wordpress.com)
- Tag you’re it! (writerzblock.wordpress.com)
- Tag I’m it! (twelve16.wordpress.com)
- TAG and I am IT… (allaboutlemon.com)
- TAG: If you are not on this list and want to be, just join in! (auroramorealist.wordpress.com)
- Tag you’re it!!! (carlarenee45.wordpress.com)